Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The township, superintendency and citizens are projecting a new life for Linari. The affection and historic ties of civilian organizations, the attention to the path towards valorization of the institutions and competent bodies are once again lighting up the reﬂectors on one of the most precious villages of Tuscany, rich in history, witness to the past and architectural attributes of national relevance.
The township of Barberino Val d’Elsa has reactivated a dialogue with the superintendency of archaeology, ﬁne arts and landscape for the Metropolitan city of Florence and the provinces of Pistoia and Prato for the recuperation and securing of Linari.
Linari is an ancient medieval fortiﬁcation on the border between Florence and Siena. Once called Linearis, it was attacked in previous centuries by many warlords and inhabited by noble families from the high hills which dominate Valdelsa and Chianti.
The superintendent, Dr. Andrea Pessina, went personally to the village together with the mayor of Barberino, Giacomo Trentanovi of the local council and the “Compagnia” of Linari to take a look at the village and verify the actual conditions of the complex, particularly of the church of Santa Maria a Linari, town property.
The religious building is characterized by a medieval establishment which, in the centuries that followed, assumed different styles until arriving at the actual Baroque aspect and its interior, decorated with frescoes from the 1300s. “It is a decisive moment for the village,” remarks Mayor Trentanovi.
“The township has made a request to reactivate an itinerary, together with the superintendency, which we thank for its attention and the support demonstrated. Our wish is to begin an integrated work through the deﬁnition and subscription of an agreement ﬁnalized towards the security, valorization and recuperation of the church, which is a cultural good of national prestige. We will do this with the collaboration of the inhabitants and the community of Linari”.
The added value of the project, in fact, is that of realizing a course born through the collaboration between the township, the Superintendency, the “Consiglio di Frazione” and the “Compagnia” of Linari.
Taking part in the meeting with the superintendent, were Ilio Bruni of the Council of the “Frazione” and Filippo Martini of the laiac “Company” of Santissima Annunziata of Linari, who work to improve the quality of life in the village and to regulate and give value to the cultural and social heritage of Linari, through the organization of meetings and events of collective interests. From the Foriﬁcation of Linari, the construction in reddish color which characterize the village are particularly fascinating and date back to 1071. Linari became a free township for the ﬁrst time in 1270.