Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
Discover the program of the “Bruscellata 2019” Festival in San Donato in Poggio (Barberino Tavarnelle), organised by the local Pro Loco with the support of the Unione Comunale del Chianti Fiorentino. From 27th June to 7th July.
- THURSDAY 27TH JUNE: 9.30pm Bruscello folk theatre show “La Bisbetica Domata” in three acts with “La Compagnia del Bruscello” of San Donato in Poggio, directed by Massimo Salvianti, singing teacher Bettina Bianchini, Carlo Alberto Aquilani (guitar) – Location: Teatro della Società Filarmonica. Info and reservations: Information Office in Palazzo Malaspina (0558072338).
- FRIDAY 28TH JUNE: 10pm musical evening with the Badagigy Brothers in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo.
- SATURDAY 29TH JUNE: 5pm Games and various entertainment in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo; 5.30pm draw for the first historic game in Piazza Malaspina; 6.30pm Game “Palla in Botte” at the ‘Arena giochi del Tufo’; 10pm “Street Clercks” on concert in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo.
- SUNDAY JUNE 30TH: 5pm-8pm market in the town’s historic centre; 5pm Games and entertainment in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo; 5pm demonstration by the archery instructors of the Fitarco at the skating rink; 6pm historical parade accompanied by the group of flag-wavers of Torrita di Siena; 9pm circus school in French “Passe Passe” in piazza del Pozzo Nuovo.
- MONDAY 1ST JULY: 9.30pm Bruscello folk theatre show “La Bisbetica Domata” at the Teatro della Società Filarmonica.
- TUESDAY 2ND JULY: 7.00pm final of the “Palla in botte” Game at the Arena Giochi del Tufo; 10pm musical evening with the boys of San Donato in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo.
- WEDNESDAY, JULY 3RD: 9.30pm Bruscello show “La Bisbetica Domata” at the Teatro della Società Filarmonica; 10pm karaoke night in Piazza Malaspina.
- THURSDAY, JULY 4TH: 7pm Second historic game in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo; 9.30pm performance by the “Gioia” dance school in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo and prize-giving for historical games.
- FRIDAY JULY 5TH: 7pm Provaccia (last test) for the Palio dei Ciuchi (traditional donkey race); 10pm musical evening with the Jaguaribe in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo.
- SATURDAY 6TH JULY: 5pm draw of the town’s districts ‘contrade’ for the Palio in Piazza Malaspina; at 6pm test/prova of the Palio dei Ciuchi; 9.30pm: r Bruscello show “La Bisbetica Domata” at the Teatro della Società Filarmonica; 11.30pm “Montecchio night”, party with DJ sets in the spectacular setting of Montecchio.
- SUNDAY 7TH JULY: 10.30am parade of the town’s districts and Mass with the blessing of the donkeys; 10am-8pm market; 5.30pm historical parade in Renaissance costumes with the Flag-waving Group from Arezzo; 6.30pm Falconry show with “I Falconieri del Gran Ducato di Toscana” (Falconers of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany); 7.30pm Palio dei Ciuchi (donkey race) and Palio award ceremony; 9.30pm musical evening with a tribute to Lucio Dalla “Come è profondo il mare” by Novi, Mannucci and Guidi, in piazza del Pozzo Nuovo; at 11pm the spectacular fireworks, Magic Fire show by Caterina Cavallini, will close the festival.
The food stand and the bar in Piazza del Pozzo Nuovo will be open every evening of the festival except on Thursday 27th June and Monday 1st July.