Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
From children’s illustration to sculpture, from landscape painting to comics.
Contemporary art is shown in all its forms in this year’s rich exhibition season organised in Palazzo Malaspina, a historic building that stands in the Medieval heart of San Donato in Poggio.
The series of exhibitions – promoted by the Municipality of Barberino Tavarnelle – has started with “Teste per aria piedi per terra” (“Heads in the air, feet on the ground”), a collective exhibit that brings together over 50 of some of the most famous masterpieces signed by Arianna Papini, Fuad Aziz and Cecco Mariniello.
Three artists who are known in Italy and abroad for having left their mark on the world of book illustration, the exhibition will be open until March 29th 2020).
The Palazzo Malaspina Exhibitions 2020 will host the best artistic expressions of Italian and foreign painters, sculptors and cartoonists in a dozen events.
Let’s have a look at the program in more detail.
- From April 4th to May 24th the works of Paolo Staccioli and Danilo Fusi (sculptors and painters) will be on display in San Donato in Poggio.
- From May 30th to July 19th, a solo exhibition dedicated to Sergio Nardoni, a local painter who has been active for 40 years.
- From 1st August to 6th September the intense paintings by the English artist Joyce Brian will grace the rooms of Palazzo Malaspina.
- And from 12th September to 18th October Johanna Davies will exhibit a synthesis of her work inspired by the theme of horse and knight.
- During the autumn months comic book art will be the star in the first edition of Chianti Comics, scheduled from 24th October to 29th November, with the participation of the great authors of the renowned Bonelli publishing house.
- The season will end with the sixth edition of “Presepi in mostra”, a display of various artistic and artisan representations of traditional nativity scenes from 5th December 2020 to 10th January 2021.
Free admission. Exhibition opening hours: Friday and Sunday 4pm-7pm, Saturday 10am-1pm and 4pm-7pm.
Info: Ufficio Cultura 055 8050837 – 055 8050869 – email@example.com. Palazzo Malaspina 055 8072338 – firstname.lastname@example.org.