Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
A few kilometres from Siena and Monteriggioni, in Quercegrossa: in a dominant and panoramic position, we go to visit a small farm with a beautiful view over the surrounding hills.
And we’re not talking about just any hills. Here the countryside mixes the magic of the Chianti landscape with the charm of Siena’s territory: from the vineyards of Castellina in Chianti, Fonterutoli in the first place, to the towers of Monteriggioni, to the “sounds” of nearby Siena.
The village of Quercegrossa, mentioned for the first time in a document dating back to 1111, at the beginning of the 13th century played an important role in the defense of the Republic of Siena against Florence. It was then destroyed by the Florentines in 1232 and immediately rebuilt to protect Siena’s territory.
The property includes a building of about 240 square meters, distributed over two floors: on the ground floor, a large living room with two large arched doors that give access to a paved outside space, two bathrooms, various rooms connected together: bedrooms, a study, a well-equipped kitchen plus storeroom-laundry area.
On the first floor two bedrooms, one with a bathroom annex, each bedroom has a terrace, ideal for enjoying the sunset while sipping a glass of good wine. On the first floor there are also two apartments with a panoramic view, each with an independent entrance.
Both apartments consist of a living room with kitchenette and fireplace, a large double bedroom with terrace and bathroom.
The entire farmhouse was completely renovated in 2002 and further improved in 2006 and 2012. It has typical windows and doors in chestnut or cypress wood, terracotta floors and mosquito nets on all windows. The property includes a large, partially covered, parking lot and about 6,000 square meters of land, partly cultivated with a Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG vineyard (about 5,000 square meters) and an olive grove with about 130 trees.
CLICK HERE for other informations (price, surface, energetic class, …) about this house.
OTHER… “CASE NEL CHIANTI”
- “Case nel Chianti”: a rustic house in the enchanted valley of Cintoia [READ HERE]
- “Case nel Chianti”: a portion of a farmhouse (with barn) in enchanting Vignamaggio [READ HERE]
- “Case nel Chianti”: a fabulous farmhouse with olive grove in Uzzano [READ HERE]
- “Case nel Chianti”: an antique windmill in the Lamole haven that belonged to Oriana Fallaci [READ HERE]
- “Case nel Chianti”: let’s visit a rare rustic home in Panzano [READ HERE]
- “Case nel Chianti”: a delicious apartment in the Castello di Monteﬁoralle [READ HERE]