The doors to Casa Chianti Classico re-opened on Saturday, April 1 2017. We refer to the convent in Radda in Chianti where the consortium of Chianti Classico wine organizes events
Scopri di più
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The doors to Casa Chianti Classico re-opened on Saturday, April 1 2017. We refer to the convent in Radda in Chianti where the consortium of Chianti Classico wine organizes events and helps foster knowledge of the Docg.
All of the events on the program for the spring and summer season should not be missed.
- The grand Melodies of Gallo Nero- Food, Wine, and Opera: dinner with dishes and wine paired to famous arias of lyric opera in the Convent Cloister (40 euros) – July 7 and 21
- jazz aperitif at the convent. Every Thursday from June to August, happy hour with live music and tasting of Chianti Classico wines – (15 euros) – June 15, 22 and 29/July 6, 13, 20 and 27/August 3, 10, 17 and 24.
- Guess who is drinking at dinner: an appointment for evenings of fun. Bring your own bottle with the label covered and put it on the table for tasting. Your friends will do the same and the person who guesses more wines wins a dinner from the alla carte menu – June 14/July 19
- Fried food and bubbles: Sparkling evening with mixed fried foods and sparkling wine from the Chianti Classico territory plus champagne. All accompanied by live music- (25 euros) – July 1
- Cashmere and Sangiovese – excellent products from the area meet specialties from all of the world in a market with high level food/wine stands, Art and beautiful handmade items (25 euros)- September 2.
- Waiting for the Granfondo of Chianti Classico – an epic bicycle race on unpaved roads as per tradition. Before the event, the Casa Chianti Classico is organizing a party in the cloister; dinner with tasty dishes, excellent wine and live music – September 23
This is instead the daily offering of Casa Chianti Classico.
“Al Convento” proposes a “cucina di collina”. Open for lunch from Tuesday to Sunday from 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM, dinner from Tuesday to Saturday from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM. All of the recipes on the menu have roots in the tradition of the territory and use authentic ingredients.
Enoteca wine cafè
As described by its name, it is a place to taste wine thanks to a wide and diversiﬁed selection of labels from the territory paired with gourmet snacks. It is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 11:30 AM to 9:30 PM and on Sunday from 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Museum, Chianti Classico
Colors, scents, ﬂavors and wine locations through voluminous installations and videos, animated areas and a tour through the antique cells of the convent tell the story of Chianti Classico. Guided tours are from Tuesday to Saturday, from 11 AM to 1 PM and 3 PM to 6 PM, 11 AM to 1 PM on Sunday.
Starting in April and for the entire summer season, the cloister of the convent will be animated by the photographic exhibition by Dario Garofalo; a tribute from the Consortium for Chianti Classico wine to the inhabitants of the area, to those who with their daily work have made Chianti famous in the world, to those who every day, in silence, express the historic and socio–cultural identity of the heart of Tuscany.
Scuola di Cucina Lady Pasta & Mr. Wine (reservations are required)
Emi, the cook, teaches authentic Tuscan cuisine. She is ready to reveal all of the secrets of fresh pasta and the most well-known and tasty recipes of the Chianti tradition.
Courses on wine, ABC Chianti Classico (at least seven people; reservations required) Top experts will hold brief and intense seminars on wines of the territory. The courses are guaranteed by the consortium of Chianti Classico wine.
For information and reservations: email@example.com – 0577738187, 0577738278.
Aprile 1 (Sabato) - Settembre 30 (Sabato)
Radda in Chianti