Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
2019 is rich with events
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
2019 is rich with events in Greve in Chianti. This town in the Chianti region stands out for being the setting of many great events throughout the year. Here you can find the complete program.
- Aprilante Market – Artisans and more: Panzano in Chianti. First Sunday of every month (excluding January and February). To participate as a vendor: call the Pro Loco of Panzano in Chianti: 3315654546.
- Il Pagliaio – Organic market: Greve in Chianti. Every fourth Sunday of the month from February to November. To participate as a vendor: 3294755006.
- Carnival in the Square. Strada in Chianti: Piazza del Mercato, Saturday 2nd March from 3pm to 6pm. Greve in Chianti: Piazza Matteotti and ‘Casa del Popolo’ community centre, Sunday March 3rd from 2pm to 8pm.
- 50th ‘Festa delle Fritelle’ (Traditional Fritter Festival) . Montefioralle, March 16th and 17th
- ‘Svuota la soffitta’ (Empty your attic) – Second-hand Market open to individuals. Greve in Chianti: 17th March, 8th August, 13th October.
- Feast of the Colombina. Greve in Chianti: April 21st at 12pm; Panzano in Chianti: April 23rd at 6pm.
- ‘Mercatino delle cose del passato’ (Market of things from the past), Easter Monday. Greve in Chianti: Piazza Matteotti. Artistic craft market: piazza Vassallo.
- Musical Spring – Classical / jazz / pop live concerts. Saturday 30 March at 5.30pm: San Francesco Museum, Violin Duo. Sunday, April 7th 5.30 pm: San Francesco Museum, Viola Quartet. Saturday, May 11th at 9pm: at the ‘Casa del Popolo’ community centre, ”Più Rock che parole” rock concert – II edition concert of modern bands, teachers and students of Greve’s School of Music. Saturday, May 18th: Montefioralle, on the occasion of “I Vini del Castello” event, voice and guitar duo. Sunday, May 19th, Montefioralle, harp and sax concert. Sunday 26th May at 5.30pm: in Lamole, at the San Donato church, “Più delle parole” concert (12th edition). Saturday, 1st June at 6pm: in Lamole, Piazza San Donato (on the occasion of “I Profumi di Lamole”), voice and guitar concert. Sunday, June 2nd at 5pm: in Lamole, San Donato church, viola quartet concert. Sunday, June 16th at 12pm: in Lucolena, flute concert commemorating the soldier’s monument. Friday 21st of June at 9pm: Agriturismo Villa Il Leccio (Strada in Chianti),”Piano + voce” concert. Saturday 6th July at 9.15pm: San Francesco Museum, Greve in Chianti, string quartet. Tuesday 23rd July 9.15pm: Santa Croce Museum quartet. Thursday, July 25th at 9pm: Agriturismo Villa Il Leccio, violin quartet.
Festa della Stagion Bona, Panzano in Chianti
- Verrazzano Day, Piazza Matteotti and Castello di Verrazzano: 17th April at 5.30pm, commemoration and placement of the crown of flowers at the Verrazzano monument. Exhibition “Cacao” and themed dinner at the Castle.
- ‘Stagion Bona’ Spring Festival, Panzano in Chianti: 25th April. Info: Il Grondino association (3397507938).
- Spring Festival in Strada in Chianti, with a market, impromptu painting, children’s entertainment in piazza Landi: 25th April.
- ‘Festa del Giaggiolo’, wine, oil and flavours of San Polo in Chianti: from 2nd to 5th May.
- Events dedicated to Leonardo da Vinci 1519/2019: art, history, theatre on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo da Vinci in Greve in Chianti. Thursday 2nd May at 5.30pm, meeting with Giovanni Cipriani (University of Florence) “The Renaissance in Florence”. Saturday 4th May at 5.30pm, meeting with Antonio Natali (former director of the Uffizi Gallery, from 2006 to 2015) “Leonardo, his works at the Uffizi Gallery”. Wednesday, August 28th at 9.15pm “Leonardo” theatre show by Luigi Bicchi, directed and performed by Alessandro Calonaci (Terrace of the Museum San Francesco).
- Flower Festival: Greve in Chianti, May 4th from 9am to 8pm; May 5th from 9am to 7pm.
- ‘La Vetrina delle Cittaslow’ showcase and market, the 16th exhibition dedicated to products and crafts of the towns which are part of the “Rete Internazionale Città del Buon Vivere” (International Network of Towns of Good Living): Greve in Chianti, Piazza Matteotti, 11th-12th May from 10am to 8pm.
- ‘I Vini nel Castello’ Wine Festival, 17th edition of the event dedicated to local wine, typical products and music, in Montefioralle, May 18th-19th.
- ‘Il passo più lungo della gamba’, event organised by the Passo dei Pecorai community centre: art exhibition, impromptu painting and entertainment (2nd June).
- ‘I profumi di Lamole’ wine and food festival, XVIII edition of the event dedicate to local wines and typical products: Lamole, 1st-2nd June from 11am to 8pm.
- 5th National Gathering of the Vespa Club, in Greve in Chianti, Piazza Matteotti: June 9th from 8am to 11am.
- XIX ‘Estate al Poggio Poggio alla Croce’ Summer Festival. From June to September, every Saturday and Sunday: at 5pm children’s entertainment, 9pm various shows.
- ‘R …Estate a San Polo 2019’ Summer Festival: outdoor events and entertainment: 14th, 18th, 20th, 25th, 27th June; 2nd, 4th, 5th July.
- ‘Rioni in Piazza’ Festival: the eight Greve’s districts compete in the square. “Greve Show: Rioni allo sbaraglio”, Piazza Matteotti, 16th June.
- Schiacciata Festival (Tuscan flat bread): Lucolena, 16th June.
- ‘Stelle e Mercanti’ Stars and Merchants Festival. Strada in Chianti, night craft market in the square of Strada in Chianti with music and entertainment, June 13th from 5pm to 11pm. Greve in Chianti, night craft market in the square of Greve in Chianti with music and entertainment, July 18th and August 8th from 5pm to 11pm. Panzano in Chianti, a night craft market in the square of Panzano in Chianti, with music and entertainment, July 11th from 5pm to 11pm.
- Summer of San Francesco: every Wednesday theatre at the San Francesco Museum, 9.15pm (19th, 26th June, 3rd, 17th, 24th, 31st July, 7th, 28th, 30th August).
- “Greve Summer Opera Academy”, master class and performance of an opera in the square. Concerts: Saturday 15th June, at 9pm in the Santa Croce Church: Rossini’s Stabat Mater. Thursday, June 20th at 9pm: concert. Thursday 27th June, 9.15pm: opera at the Boito theatre. Tuesday 2nd July at 9pm, opera in Piazza Matteotti. Friday, July 5th at 9.15pm concert at the Santa Croce Church.
- “AVIS in Piazza”, Strada in Chianti: various outdoor events, from 26th June to 30th June.
- Chianti ‘n Rock: concerts of various bands, Panzano in Chianti, sports ground, 29th June.
- ‘Dalla spiga al piatto’ Festival, Strada in Chianti, piazza Landi. Showcase dedicated to ancient country tools, various entertainment and pasta party (6th July) from 10am to 11pm.
- 30th edition of Lamole’s Summer Season Concerts. Every Sunday from July 14th to September 1st “Daniel Ferro Vocal Program”: teachers and former students gather in memory of the Maestro. Concert: 12th July, 8.30pm at the Castello di Verrazzano; July 16th, at 9pm at the Pieve San Leolino in Panzano; July 19th at 9pm, Santa Croce square in Greve.
- Summer evenings in Panzano: 26th July ‘Festa di Sant’Anna’ with games and entertainment for children; 6th August music in piazza Bucciarelli; August 14th music in piazza Bucciarelli; August 15th music with the Verdi Philharmonic Orchestra of Panzano.
- ‘Belcanto Opera’, master classes and concerts. Lyrical concerts: August 2nd at 9pm at the Castello di Verrazzano; August 15th at 9pm: Terrace of the San Francesco Museum (Junior concert); August 16th at 9pm: Piazza Matteotti, final concert.
- September Fair, Greve in Chianti (Piazzale Ferrante Mori), 5th September.
- Rificolona paper lantern Festival, parade, award ceremony for the most beautiful rificolona, music and various entertainment (Greve in Chianti, piazza Vassallo), 7th September.
- ‘Processione del Diotto’. Traditional solemn procession to celebrate the patron saint, with the participation of Greve’s districts, the Confraternities and the Giuseppe Verdi Philharmonic Orchestra of Panzano (in Greve in Chianti, September 8th).
- 49th edition of the Expo Chianti Classico wine festival: Greve in Chianti 5th-8th September.
- ‘Strada infiera’. The ancient traditional fair of Strada in Chianti is back, with a week dedicated to music, entertainment, markets, food, games and inter-district competitions,(Strada in Chianti, from 10th to 16th September); September 15th great parade of the Strada’s districts; September 16th closing event.
- ‘Vino al Vino’ Wine Festival, Panzano in Chianti: from 12th to 15th September, wine tastings and jazz music.
- Event to celebrate the Bardi’s Municipalities Network. The Bardi: a Florentine family of high finance, art patronage and lyrical music. Castello di Mugnana: music and entertainment in period costume. Dinner with crime with Renaissance menu (September 20th from 5pm to 11pm).
- ‘Montefioralle Divino’: Wine Festival dedicated to the wine producers of Montefioralle: 21st-22th September.
- ‘Festa della Ceramica’, exhibition of Tuscan ceramists and more, with workshops and various games (Greve in Chianti, Piazza Matteotti), 22nd September.
- ‘Non solo vino’: an event dedicated to wine, its tradition and territory. Workshops for children and entertainment (Greve in Chianti, piazza Matteotti), 6th October.
- Chestnut Festival: Lucolena 19th-20th October.
- Waiting for Christmas. Christmas markets and craft market, music and various entertainment. December 8th: Greve in Chianti; December 14th: Panzano in Chianti; December 15th: San Polo in Chianti; December 22nd: Strada in Chianti. Live Nativity Scene in Lucolena: December 24th at 11pm.
March 3 (Sunday) - December 24 (Tuesday)
Greve in Chianti
A cypress that rises upwards
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
A cypress that rises upwards and thins out in search of an “other” vision, almost touching the immensity of the sky; a country cottage, hidden, solitary, nestled among the hills that shine with solar beauty, asking in exchange for effort to those who take care of it; a source, a bell, a basket, an open door, a staircase that continues to rise, to lead the eye vertically, never downwards.
The essential image of a ridge is the expression of a community that lives by its close relationship with the earth. In every element that emerges from the bronze material, dear to the Tuscan sculptor Adriano Bimbi, an aspect is revealed that leads the observer back to his own reality and represents, in a symbolic form, the sense and the collective value.
“Wrinkled hills and hanging houses – The impervious views of Adriano Bimbi” is his personal exhibition in the museum complex of the church of San Pietro in Bossolo, in Tavarnelle.
A prestigious exhibition event, curated by Antonio Natali and promoted by the Amici dei Musei and the Pro Loco of Tavarnelle, in collaboration with the Municipal Union of Florentine Chianti and the contribution of ChiantiBanca. The exhibition displays a selection of sculptures by Adriano Bimbi, made by him in 36 years of activity.
The exhibition will remain open until December 1, 2019. Opening times: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 15.30 – 18.30, Sunday also 11-12.30. Free admission. Parish church of San Pietro in Bossolo, Strada della Pieve, 19 – Tavarnelle Val di Pesa.
September 29 (Sunday) - December 1 (Sunday)
Tignano (Barberino Tavarnelle)
Palazzo Malaspina, in San Donato
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
Palazzo Malaspina, in San Donato in Poggio (Barberino Tavarnelle) will once again be filled with colours thanks to a great artist, with the personal exhibition by Fabio d’Agata: “Fra la Via del Chianti e il West”.
Fabio D’Agata, born in 1972, approached the world of comics when he was 14, after his uncle gave him a copy of “Tex” and “Mister No”.
He began by teaching himself, then decided to enrol in the International School of Comics in Rome. Here he met Pino Rinaldi who taught him how to ink.
In 1996 he published 3 short stories for the newly opened Fenix publishing house (aka BBD Press in Rome) that was trying to compete with the Sergio Bonelli Editore and its well-known characters.
In 1997, at Lucca Comics, he showed his works to Ade Capone who immediately employed him in the newly established “Samuel Sand” and straight away put him to work on “Lazarus Ledd”.
After a period during which D’Agata put the comic strip aside to devote himself to oil painting, towards the end of 2016 he met Gian Maria Contro, curator of the magazine “Le Storie”, who immediately assigned him a western story with texts by Paolo Morales: he debuts at Bonelli with the issue ”Le Storie” n. 66.
Opening on Saturday 5th October at 5.30pm, free admission. The exhibit will be open until December 1st with the following opening times.
Until 3rd November: Monday to Sunday 4.30pm-7.30pm, Saturday 10.13am (closed on Wednesday).
From 4th November: Friday 4pm-7pm Saturday 10am-1pm and 4pm-7pm, Sunday 4pm-7pm.
October 5 (Saturday) - December 1 (Sunday)
San Donato in Poggio (Barberino Tavarnelle)
"Carpe ludum", as the Romans
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
“Carpe ludum”, as the Romans used to say: the Teatro Niccolini in San Casciano invites you to take the opportunity to participate in the “game” of theatrical invention.
When reality is reflected into fiction and life mixes with creative interpretation, the shows offer a thousand mirrors in which to recognise the multiple faces of humanity.
The Fondazione Toscana Spettacolo and the Municipality invite viewers to embark on a new adventure, to embrace all the emotions that theatre brings to life. And to enjoy a prestigious space, rich in history, such as the Niccolini theatre hall, that has been active since the 19th century.
Book your favourite box or seat to secure a place at one of the Italy’s richest and most interesting theatre program, that stands out for the presence of great performers such as Alessandro Benvenuti and Stefano Fresi, Zerocalcare, Paolo Hendel, Leo Gullotta, Mascia Musy, Arturo Cirillo, and the most innovative directors and dramatists: Nunzio Caponio, Nicola Zavagli, Maria Grazia Cipriani, Giacomo Vezzani, Gioele Dix, Francesco Niccolini, Massimo Luconi, Arturo Cirillo.
Some of the artists will present their works in national premieres, in the most diverse genres like drama, comedy and theatre dance. The range of events and shows of the municipal Teatro Niccolini of San Casciano is the result of an artistic partnership that for years has linked the Municipality of San Casciano to the objectives and resources of one of Italy’s most competent bodies, the Fondazione Toscana Spettacolo.
The twenty-third theatre season of San Casciano presents itself as a cultural laboratory and meeting place for ideas, capable of welcoming integrating high-level shows, local cultural ideas and social events which help the community.
The Niccolini: cultural laboratory and meeting point. A space open to curiosity, life, creativity, sensations.
With its 300 seats, a long rich history and a strategic location – half way between Florence and Siena – the Teatro Niccolini continues to establish itself as a cultural laboratory and a lively meeting point for people. It’s a special place that not only embraces contemporary expressive forms, but welcomes different ideas and cultural needs, mixing genres and events while always keeping an eye on tradition.
This new theatrical season boasts big names from the Italian theatre scene, dramas, comedies, dance, music and many events related to the territory. The Teatro Niccolini shows passion and synergy between the theatre companies, and aims to keep a dialogue open with the territory.
A synergy of different elements gives vital impulse to this new season, packed with quality events: the resident companies, Arca Azzurra Teatro, Compagnia Katzenmacher, Teatro-Danza Xe and Jack and Joe, collaborate to give life to the variety of expressive forms, while contributing to the artistic formation that is a distinctive feature of the Niccolini.
The commitment of ChiantiBanca is also essential. By renewing its support for the theatre, it offers a significant contribution to the cultural growth of the territory.
The team includes “Gassa d’Amante”, the cultural association which carries out organisational and technical coordination activities within the Niccolini theatre on behalf of the Municipality,.
THE 2019-2020 THEATRE SEASON
The Niccolini Theatre of San Casciano is getting ready for a great season.
Reinterpretations of literary classics and theatre greats, new dramaturgy, shows created by resident theatre companies, social and amateur theatre, shows for children and young people; but also special events and series of various other shows. With the new season, the Niccolini Theatre of San Casciano confirms its status as a space open to all.
The program of plays, laid out by the non-profit Fondazione Toscana and the municipal administration, presents ten titles (for eleven performances) ranging from reinterpretations of classics (from Shakespeare to Cervantes, Melville and Jane Austen), to new plays (Vincenzo Manna , Nobel Prize winner Svetlana Aleksievic, Paolo Hendel and Marco Vicari), and also includes contemporary dance shows (Compagnia Xe) and an adaptation of a comic.
This is a range of shows chosen from among the most important of the season and staged by companies of national importance, in which a significant role is also played by local Tuscan companies: Arca Azzurra, Compagnia Xe.
This season is dedicated to multiculturalism and multidisciplinary approach, also conceived to help young people to understand theatrical language and better read the reality that surrounds them. They will be opportunities to smile, to reflect, to seek a link between the past and the present, to become more and more aware of our role as citizens, and aware human beings.
With DONCHISCI@TTE, Alessandro Benvenuti and Stefano Fresi inaugurate this new season, taking us into the world of Miguel de Cervantes.
The play, staged on Tuesday 5th November at 9pm (for all the shows), is an original piece that takes inspiration from the novel, applying the symbolism of this myth against our times.
This contemporary Don, with his conspiracy theories and a naive spirituality, will have to confront the evil minds of the multinationals, accompanied by Sancho, his confused companion.
On Saturday 23rd November Julie Ann Anzilotti – choreographer, director and soul of the Xe Company (in residence in San Casciano)- presents, in national premiere, C’È UN TEMPO. The show takes inspiration from key themes that are found in the Bible’s book Qohelet. “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die…a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to weep and a time to laugh… a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them…”.
The show is part of the fourth edition of SE IO FOSSI TE, a series of events scheduled from 23rd to 25th November: international meetings on the theme of differently-abled people and the arts.
They are carried out in collaboration with the Municipality of San Casciano, Fondazione Toscana Spettacolo Onlus, Regione Toscana, ARTE media partner.
On Sunday 1st December, Nicola Zavagli presents KOBANE CALLING ON STAGE, the adaptation of the Zerocalcare comic strip sold in over one hundred and twenty thousand copies.
The show reflects on the meaning of the journey of a group of volunteers who travelled to Kobane, a city which is symbol of the Kurdish resistance, to bring humanitarian aid and to collect real testimonies on Syria’s drama.
The show doesn’t sensationalise war, but recounts it with merciless lightness, in balance between contemporary chronicle and comics’ fictional imaginary.
On Friday 13th December the historic Teatro del Carretto brings on stage Shakespeare’s THE TEMPEST, in the original adaptation by Giacomo Vezzani, who also signs the direction, under the artistic supervision of Maria Grazia Cipriani.
The show is conceived as the encounter between the protagonist, Prospero, and two actors who are asked to stage his Tempest once again, alternately interpreting all the characters.
An original soundtrack evokes the magic which is at the play’s core, a theatrical testament to one the greatest poets of all time.
For a New Year’s Eve dedicated to music and theatre, on Tuesday, December 31st (at 10pm), Teatro Niccolini presents ALTRI FIGURINI by Bandakadabra.
A fun and entertaining show made of “musical images”, small unique acts linked together by the means of mental association, quotes, Chinese boxes. Off-subscription show.
On Friday January 24th: Paolo Hendel stages the national premiere LA GIOVINEZZA È SOPRAVVALUTATA.
In the show, written by Hendel and Marco Vicari directed by Gioele Dix, Hendel realises that he’s ‘dangerously’ approaching old age and talks not only about himself, but also about his country, Italy, that is also ageing inexorably.
Leo Gullotta is BARTLEBY, LO SCRIVANO (double performance, on Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th February).
For his play Francesco Niccolini has taken inspiration from the story that Hermann Melville published two years after ‘Moby Dick’. It’s brought to the stage by the resident company Arca Azzurra, with the direction of Emanuele Gamba.
At the core of the story, there’s a scrivener who does his job diligently until one day he decides to respond to any request with the expression: “I would prefer not to”. A kind refusal that upsets the balance of the office and the life of his employer.
The actress Mascia Musy stages, with Francesco Argirò, PREGHIERA PER CERNOBYL (Saturday 22nd February).
The show – directed by Massimo Luconi – brings to the stage the text by Nobel Prize-winning journalist Svetlana Aleksievic, which the recent Hbo TV series is also based on.
The author conveys all the drama of this disastrous nuclear accident, the sense of bewilderment and the terrible deaths, but also the strong love bond between two people.
For this season Arturo Cirillo, one of the most original directors and interpreter of contemporary Italian theatre, has chosen to take on Jane Austen’s PRIDE AND PREJUDICE – on Thursday 5th March.
His reading of Austen’s novel has given life to a visionary show, a parody that recalls his earlier works, masterpieces such as ‘Mettiteve a fa’ l’amore cu’ me’ and ‘L’ereditiera’. Cirillo, accompanied by a very big cast of actors, does a great job of orchestrating the numerous characters, respecting the original spirit of the novel.
LA CLASSE is a play that takes on teenage and social problems, written by Vincenzo Manna (winner of the Premio Scenario Infanzia Award) and directed by Giuseppe Marini – Thursday 19th March.
It tells the story of a teacher who deals with current events to fight fear and anger at school. Albert, a third-generation foreigner, thirty-five years old, is called to give a remedial course to students who have been suspended for disciplinary reasons. The impact is violent, the boys push limits and turn their fear into anger.
All the promotional initiatives have been confirmed for this season
The ‘FTS Carta della Spettatore’, which offers advantages such as tickets at reduced prices in all theatres of the network, except the one in which it has originated;’Biglietto futuro’ reductions for under 30; Tuscany Student card, 8 euros tickets for university students in possession of the card; ‘Buon Compleanno a Teatro’, which gives a free ticket on your birthday; ‘Biglietto Sospeso’, which allows you to offer a show to those who cannot afford it; ‘Diventa storyteller’, to publish your reviews and comments on the toscanaspettacolo.it website.
Season ticket subscription campaign
The season ticket campaign is open until November 5th, with classic and new formulas: discounts for the under-30s, young people, students and those enrolled to the theatre courses.
In detail: Subscriptions to the stall and central box: full € 100, reduced € 85 lateral box: full € 68, reduced € 56.
Niccolini subscription “Biglietto futuro” (under 30): three titles to choose from, lateral box € 15 – Tickets for stall and central box: full price € 16, reduced price € 14, reduced price for students of courses and workshops € 12 lateral box: full 12 Euros, reduced € 10, reduced for students of courses and workshops € 8 reduced Coop points: € 10.
New Year’s Eve at the theatre: stalls and central box: full price € 32, reduced € 30 lateral box: full price € 27, reduced € 25.
Reduced price for: “Biglietto futuro” under 30, over 60, Coop members, ARCI, ACLI, SDIAF, ChiantiBanca, students that participate in the Teatro Niccolini’s courses and workshops, holders of the ‘FTS Carta della Spettatore’ (only for tickets), Tuscany Student Card reduced ticket € 8 for university students (the seat will be assigned, upon presentation of the card, based on availability; it’s recommended to be at the ticket office at least one hour before the show starts).
Coop ticket deals for Coop members: the promotion ‘1000 punti mille emozioni’ is on. Info and membership at the Unicoop Firenze stores.
For the shows not included in the subscription, the cost of the ticket and the related reductions vary depending on the event.
Info and pre-sale Teatro Niccolini: Municipal Office in the municipal building, ground floor, first door on the right (address: via Machiavelli, 56) – open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays 9am-1pm, on Thursdays 9am-1pm and 3pm-7pm tel. 055 8256388 – email@example.com.
Pre-sales at BoxOfficeToscana and Ticketone – Ticket office and theatre open one hour before the show.
OLTRE LA PROSA (not included in the subscription)
- 5th, 6th and 7th December, 8.30pm Jack and Joe Theatre A CENA CON LEONARDO dinner-show by and with Adriano Miliani
- 22th March, at 9pm Arca Azzurra Events/Teatro dei Passi ORUATONIM – MINOTAURO, LABIRINTO E DINTORNI by and with Tiziana Giuliani and Paolo Ciotti, on the cello Filippo Burchietti
- April 18th, at 9pm Arthea / Atto Due SCUSATE SE PARLIAMO D’AMORE: the theatre in the stories by Raymond Carver directed by Alberto di Matteo with Andrea Mitri, Barbara Rizzo and Letizia Sacco.
Social and amateur theatre
- November 29th, 9pm Theatre Company “Attori & Convenuti” NASRIN SOTOUDEH, UNA VITA PER DIFENDERE reading of the letters written by the Iranian lawyer who is in prison for protecting human rights; fundraising evening for the SCIE Association
- 1st February, at 9pm the “Paoletti” Theater Company presents SUITE 719, based on Neil Simon’s ‘Plaza Suite’; fundraising evening in favour of the “Lotta alla Povertà”.
- 29th February, 9.00pm NASI ROSSI IN CONCERTO by and with Paolo Mazzinghi and Ivana Scotti, clown show – fundraising evening “Una gamba per Yuri” Theatre for children and teens
- December 15th, 5pm Cooperativa Sociale Le Rose CIRCO LE ROSE by the Cooperative theatre and art workshop
- January 5th, 5pm CAPPUCCETTO CAMBIA COLORE by Letizia Sacco and Maila Concas with Elena Biagini, Angelo Rea, Letizia Sacco
- 16th February, at 5pm- parents from Mercatale THE ADVENTURES OF PINOCCHIO
- 21st December, 4.45pm Arca Azzurra Formazione / Teatro dei Passi & Centro Danza Chianti FANTASIE DI NATALE: words, dance and music inspired by the most beautiful Christmas fairy tales and legends
- 12th January, 5pm “Il Magnifico” Association presents RIVERBERI , a concert in memory of Claudio Teobaldelli, with the contribution of: Accademia Musicale San Casciano, Coro Quodlibet, Corpo Musicale Oreste Carlini
- April 28th at 9pm – ROSA, LA CANTATRICE DEL SUD with Debora Troìa (vocals) and Rocco Giorgi (guitar)
- May 9th, 9pm Arca Azzurra Eventi / Teatro dei Passi LISISTRATA, OVVERO LE DONNE PER LA PACE free adaptation of the Lisitrata by Aristofane, Teatro-Contrada project curated by Tiziana Giuliani
Series of other events
- 8th March, Sancaballet PICCOLE DONNE Dance, 3rd edition –
- 9th-15th March SETTIMANA DELLA MUSICA music festival, 2nd edition
- 24th-28th March / 2nd-5th April TEATRO PER IL TEATRO, a series of amateur shows by the theatre companies Arca Azzurra, Xe, Katzenmacher
November 5 (Tuesday) - May 9 (Saturday)
San Casciano Val di Pesa
Sunday, November 17, starting at
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
Sunday, November 17, starting at 12, at Casa Chianti Classico (ex Convent of Santa Maria sul Prato, Radda in Chianti) it will be possible to taste the excellent Lampredotto prepared by Vincenzo (Sosta del Gallo from Radda in Chianti) and Peposo from the kitchen of Casa Chianti Classico.
In what will be a tasty challenge of the Tuscan culinary tradition.
To make this Chianti lunch-snack even more tasty, there will be the different flavored loaves of Beppe Scialabba, the “Panaio” of Mercatale.
Naturally our wine shop will be open to let you taste many Chianti Classico wines.
For information and reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org – 0577738187 – 3472515832 (Giuseppe) – 3481232562 (Alessandro).
(Sunday) 12:00 - 18:00
Radda in Chianti
Dinner at the Osteria of
Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
Dinner at the Osteria of Villa Le Corti (via San Piero di Sotto 1, San Casciano) with a theme: the new olive oil.
Friday 22 November from 8pm, “Extra virgin olive oil – Quality in a difficult year”.
This is the theme of a dinner menu that also includes a blind tasting to discover the peculiarities of the oil together with the agronomist of Villa Le Corti, Laura Lenzi.
This is the menu.
- Tuscan liver mousse with bread waffle and caramelized onions.
- Tortelli stuffed with black cabbage and ricotta with bean fondue.
- Paccheri with “duck” sauce
- Don Tommaso cheek with pecorino flan, thyme carrots and broccoli in oil
- Oil semifreddo with persimmon coulis
- Welcome glass of Spumante Rosè Principe Corsini
The cost is 35 euros per person. Info and reservations 0558293026 – email@example.com.
(Friday) 20:00 - 23:00
San Casciano Val di Pesa
PEOPLE & PRODUCTS
Sunday, November 17, starting at 12, at Casa Chianti Classico (ex Convent of Santa M…
- 2 November 2019
PHOTOS / A year of events for the twentieth anniversary of Osteria di Passignano. The start with a dinner
Tuesday, October 29, began a year of celebrations for the 20 years of Osteria di Pas…
- 1 November 2019
The "Città dell'Olio" have met the Holy Father, Pope Francis, on the occasion of the…
- 31 October 2019
The candidacies and self-nominations for the 2020 edition of the Premio Giulio Gambe…
- 24 October 2019
NEWS & STORIES
The Osteria di Passignano restaurant turns 20. It’s set in one of the most pictur…
- 16 October 2019
The days of the straw-covered bottle are over, as the wine critic Eric Asimov remind…
- 11 October 2019
Following the successful first edition, Gaiole in Chianti will once again host “Terr…
- 9 October 2019
The history of a country village and an olive oil mill, the timeless landscape of ol…
- 8 October 2019
- 12 August 2017
- 6 June 2017
- 6 April 2017