Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
A few days ago the Chianti Classico wine producers from San Casciano Val di Pesa made official the foundation of the Associazione San Casciano Classico.
Its purpose is to promote and protect the local wineries, located within the Chianti Classico territory, and their centuries old tradition.
The name San Casciano Classico has been chosen to underline the word “Classico”: this term indicates that these wine producers belong to a much larger family: that of the Chianti Classico Gallo Nero.
The non-profit association, which is apolitical and not connected to any religious faith, originates from the common will of the founding wineries to promote, protect and enhance the wine produced in this specific territory.
They aim to develop its rural traditions and highlight its geological and climatic characteristics, which give shape to wines of great personality and diversity.
The idea of creating an association of winemakers came out more than five years ago, and was finally made official a few days ago, when more than 20 local wine producers signed the articles of association.
Theirs is a complex and even heterogeneous group, but with clear common goals. They’ve already worked together several times in the past, creating and taking part in promotional events in their area, and also sharing technical and scientific knowledge.
The Board of Directors of the newly formed association is made up of: President Antonio Nunzi Conti (Tenuta Villa Barberino – Famiglia Nunzi Conti), Vice-President Niccolò Montecchi (Azienda Agricola Villa del Cigliano), treasurer Maddalena Fucile (Azienda Agricola Fattoria Cigliano di Sopra ) and the advisors Duccio Corsini (Azienda Agricola Villa Le Corti) and Alessandro Palombo (Azienda Agricola Fattoria di Luiano).
To achieve its objectives the association will organise a series of events – scheduled from 2019 – to raise awareness, enhance and promote the Chianti Classico wines produced in the Municipality of San Casciano Val di Pesa.
Moreover, in collaboration with the scientific community, the association will have the task to carry out a thorough study of the soil and climate characteristics of the territory of San Casciano, and their relationship with the wines produced, in order to communicate the results to the press and the general public.
LIST OF FOUNDING MEMBERS
- AZ. AGR. MORI CONCETTA DI BECCATTELLI MASSIMO
- TENUTA VILLA BARBERINO DELLA FAMIGLIA NUNZI CONTI
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA BRUSCOLA
- BERINGER BLASS ITALIA – CASTELLO DI GABBIANO
- CONTE GUICCIARDINI DI FERDINANDO GUICCIARDINI
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA FATTORIA DI LUIANO DI ANTONIO PALUMBO E C.
- FATTORIA POGGIOPIANO DI BARTOLI STEFANO
- FATTORIA VALLACCHIO DI CAINI ALBERTA
- IL TORRIANO DI FRANCECO ROSSI FERRINI
- LE CORTI SPA
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA IL PALAGIO WINE ESTATE
- AZ. AGR. CIGLIANO DI SOPRA
- AZ. AGR. PODERE LA VILLA DI TACHIS ILARIAù
- SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA VILLA S. ANDREA
- AZ. AGR. SOLATIONE
- TERRE DI PERSETO AZ. AGR. DI MARTELLI NICCOLO’
- VILLA DEL CIGLIANO DI ANNA BERNABEI MONTECCHI
- BERNABEI NICCOLO’
- FATTORIA SAN MICHELE A TORRI
- AZ. AGR. DI MONTEPALDI
- AZ. AGR. POGGIO BORGONI DI PAOLO SALVINI
- CARUS VINI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- ANTINORI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- POGGIO TORSELLI SOCIETA’ AGRICOLA
- VILLA MANGIACANE