Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The much-awaited “Nettle Festival” is back in the village of Sambuca (Tavarnelle).
From Friday 15th to Sunday 17th June, the Sagra dell’Ortica – organized by the Pro Loco della Sambuca – will dedicate three days to nettle-based dishes, fun, laughter and music.
FRIDAY 15th JUNE
- 7pm the food stands will open, serving nettle-based specialties and grilled dishes.
- 9pm ‘Schiuma Party’ with DJ Duccio.
SATURDAY 16th JUNE
- 12-2:30pm food stand with nettle-based dishes and grilled food.
- 4 pm inauguration of a photographic exhibition organized by the “Fotoamatori Sambuca” group.
- 4.30pm districts’ games and competition
- 6.30pm award ceremony.
- 7pm food stands with nettle-based specialties and grilled dishes.
- 9pm children fashion show by “La Bottega di Mary Poppins” clothing shop from Tavarnelle, and “Idee in Testa” and “Marco Coiffeur” local hairdressers. Comedy show with “Gli S-CHIANTI” .
SUNDAY 17th JUNE
- 10am-9pm craf, typical products and antique market.
- 10.30am opening of the photographic exhibition organized by the “Fotoamatori Sambuca” group.
- 12-2:30pm food stands with nettle-based dishes and grilled food.
- 4-6pm: Slackline demonstration by “Slackline Toscana ASD Association” (after the show, kids and adults will also have the chance to have a go!).
- 4.30pm Face painting and Baby Dance.
- 7pm food stands
- 9pm”Quasi Uguale Show” closing show.